Foreword
The intention of this Blog is to highlight that Animals or non-humans have feelings not dissimilar to ours and often more.
Very view people believe just like Aristotle did in over 2600 years ago, that Animals have no feelings and that there are there to do with as humans so wished with all it's cruelty. This sentiment also crept into the Bible and Koran and many other religious teachings, with the exception of Buddhism who cherish all living things.this sentiment has crept into the Bible. Quiet inconceivable , as these holy scriptures basic concepts are love, compassion, empathy and non-discrimination. All very contradictory in term, but I am not discuss the Bible or any other holy scripture in my Blog. I am really trying to Blog how science attitude has changed to understanding the cognitive ethology (mind and behaviour of animals)and hopefully will generate an interest in animal behaviour where previously there was no interest or caring
This Blog is to share some of my personal experiences and readings of this fascinating subject.
I hereby come out of the closet and declare myself as an amateur cognitive ethologist and photographer. My heroes in this subject are Dr. Jonathan Balcombe and Professor Laureate Marc Bekoff, who I will recite quite often in a series of Blogs.
Knowledge, Understanding then Change will be next instalment
No comments:
Post a Comment